The use of legal document templates can solve many issues. Recently a man was overheard on the bus complaining about the expense of having a professional draft a simple right to privacy statement. This gentleman certainly seemed to have the skills and knowledge to be able to utilize a template.
For most people or businesses, the cost of having an attorney write a contract is often prohibitive and stops them from using a lawyer. Many people believe they have strong enough skills to draft their own contracts. However, the law is complicated sometimes and there is a reason lawyers have spent years in school. The wide range use of templates should be considered from both angles, that of the attorneys and the general public.
There are many seminars and workshops available today that tout, “no law school required”, there are also a lot that claim they have free legal documents. They wave around eye-catching or thought-provoking titles such as Law School 101, Law School for Dummies or DIY Law. It is important that everyone has access to truth and justice. Sharing general information and knowledge is an important means in supporting that vision. However some venues make it seem as though a template is all that is required.
Yes,legal document templates can be used to solve many, many common issues. Each template is usually competently drafted by an experienced attorney. Templates allow users to knowledgeably meet legal requirements at a fraction of the cost.
Some templates are even free. The problem there lies in knowing which template, free or not, to use. Also some of the free templates may not be up to date.
On the other hand, instead of criticizing and spreading rumors about the use of legal document templates, lawyers would produce more positive public relations by embracing their use. And, the users of the templates should stand back and take a closer look at some guidelines before downloading a mother-load of documents.
For those who have only the DIY Law workshops under their belt, consider the following questions when using a template.
Legal Document Template Considerations
1. Is the particular template in keeping with the law that will govern the document? In other words, a United States document should not be used for a contract that will be governed by South American laws. The Uniform Commercial Code of Indiana is probably different than the California Code.
2. A specific situation might require a customized template. Is it possible to easily make that customization? Or will the assistance of an attorney be required.
3. Finally, does the do-it-your-selfer really know what he is doing? Are the simple ideas really correct for a particular contract? Has every idea really been thought of for every situation that could come up?
Attorney’s Legal Document Templates Considerations
For attorneys who have spent years in school learning to write legal contracts consider some of the following ideas:
• Enormous goodwill can be produced by assisting a client who has completed his own contract. Of course, this assistance if simple would come at a lower fee. After all, the client has done the bulk of the work.
• In the long run this support could take little time. Thus, for the attorney’s speedier work, increased volume will follow.
• Even in the age of the Internet, word of mouth is still the best public relations tool. All that is needed to make a business grow are a couple of clients who are contently spreading the word.
For parties who believe that they have the skill to use a template the answer is really quite simple. Download the document needed and work away! Consider all variations whether it be a will, home sale contract, employment contract or any one of the hundreds of possibilities. After completing the work on a legal document, think of every possible problem or uncertainty that could occur.
If there is even the slightest uncertainty about legal document templates, it is smart to take it to an attorney. There it can be quickly customized to any situation. If the reluctance to see a lawyer is based on price, in the long run it will be well worth the peace of mind.
The wave of the future is going toward the legal template. Everyone wants more control over their own lives. With attorneys and laymen working together everyone can rest assured that contracts are complete and legal.
Get started! Find and download those needed legal document templates now.
Below is a YouTube video that gives advice on using legal document templates.